I kicked things off with a super-sweaty Boot Camp class at my gym this morning. How did you move today??
It was a good one! The instructor was fast-paced and energetic. She kept things moving the whole time! We did 3-4 exercises in each circuit, completing the circuit 5 times before moving on to a set of new exercises.
We stayed busy the whole time, so the class passed by pretty quickly. I like how the instructor incorporated a range of exercises into a circuit – for example, after doing a high intensity exercise (like jump squats) we moved to lunges with a shoulder press or an ab exercise so we had a chance to “recover” before our next burst of cardio. I don’t usually get to take the morning classes at my gym since I’m teaching during the day usually, so it was nice to get up and start my day with a workout.
And now we’re moving on to a super-random blog post! I first saw this fun questionnaire on Tina’s blog, Carrots’n’Cake, and more recently on Julie’s blog, PB Fingers, so I thought I would jump in on the fun with them.
Whether you’ve been reading my blog since the beginning or are a more recent follower, feel free to share some of your answers in the comments section. I love getting to know my readers better!
25 Things You (Probably) Don’t Know About Me
1. I’m happiest when… I’m working out, spending time with family and friends, or at the beach.
2. …Especially if… the three are combined!
3. I’ve always wanted to… Go to Paris.
4. My family and I… had lots of fun together when we were growing up! We don’t all get to see each other as often now, but we’re always still there for each other.
5. I was a terrible… Anatomy and Physiology student in college. I couldn’t pass a test to save my life!
6. My first job was… Working at Chick-Fil-A in my local mall. Many hours were spent there!
7. I could probably eat peanut butter everyday. I should also probably make a rule to stop eating so much peanut butter. I’m already working on eating vegan for a week (read about it here), so one thing at a time though!
8. I stole… Headphones from another girl at the gym, apparently!! She was new to the class I was taking and asked my recommendations on what weights to use for the different tracks, so I helped her out and everything. After the class, someone asked if my headphones were on the shelf in the back. I frequently leave mine up there (of course the ones that come with iPhones all look the same anyways), so I thought they were. After I walked out, she came up to the group of people I was talking with and asked if anyone had seen headphones around. Oops…
9. I was born on the same day as… Ryan Reynolds and Martin Luther King III.
10. My all-time favorite film is… Tough call. I love the Blind Side and Baby Mama –> I can quote this movie like it’s my job. It makes me laugh every time I watch it. Check out my favorite scene here!
11. I do a pretty mean… plank. My longest one to date is 7 minutes. I haven’t done them like that lately, so I would have to work up to that again though. I’m in the middle of a 30 day plank challenge now!
12. I’m still mad… I couldn’t study abroad because I took my first year taking nursing classes in college. After the first year, I switched my major to teaching, but had to make up lots of classes during subsequent semesters and in the summers. Because of that, I didn’t have any time left to study abroad. I also didn’t really consider it going into college, but my junior and senior year wished I could have taken advantage of the opportunity. I try not to live with regrets though, and rather take that experience and learn from it. Because of that experience, I feel so much more confident in my decision to be a teacher. If I were always going to teach, I might not have had that “I know exactly what I want to do in life and I can’t wait to start” moment.
13. I met my husband… Let me get back to you on this one
14. I always knew I wanted…
1. a dog growing up. We never had one, but my parents got me dog ornaments (every year!), mugs, statues, calendars, and boxes with dogs… everything but the dog itself! Someday I’ll get one.
2. To be a teacher someday. Even though my first year in college, I was a nursing major, teaching is exactly where I am supposed to be. I was just trying something different there with the nursing major! When I was younger, I didn’t want to invite any of my own friends to my birthday party, because I only wanted younger kids to attend. I made schedules for the day, down to the minute, planning crafts, games, and snacks. I also held my own childcare business, and Christmas childcare program, for several summers in a row. Parents dropped their kids off and I entertained them for the morning or afternoon with activities, snacks, and art projects. I loved it, and still have pictures with these kids, cards they made me, and schedules I planned. Teaching was evident for my future from early on, and it’s right where I’m supposed to be <3
15. I’m not afraid to… Run across the Bay Bridge! I will be participating in the 10K across the bridge in November.
16. I make the best… Cookies.
Chocolate chip, Chocolate peanut butter, Peanut butter, Sugar cookies, all the classics. My favorite ones to make (and eat!) are chocolate peanut butter. Not a surprise since they have peanut butter! My kids at school always asked me to bring some in for them, so I did a few times throughout the year. They must have been alright if kids wanted my cookies instead of something store-bought, like students typically bring in.
17. I have almost no… athletic ability. If you count running, then nevermind, we’re good to go!! But in terms of playing sports (even volleyball at my own graduation party), my talent leaves a little lot to be desired.
18. I always cry when… Other people cry. I’ve always been a sympathetic person, and when others are upset about something, I’m right there with them. I also cry when I watch sad movies, but then again, what girl doesn’t?
19. I’m an… Eastern Shore girl, born and raised! Well, I was born in Columbia, MD, and now live closer to Ocean City. I love my summer days and country music!
At the Luke Bryan concert this summer!
20. I spent 3 weeks… living in Philly for a cross cultural class in college. It was either that or take a third level of Spanish, so that was the easiest decision I ever made!
21. I wish my folks… lived closer. Texting and Facebook keeps us updated, but I still wish some of my family were around here.
22. At 5, I was deeply in love with Cinderella and Barbie dolls. When my sister and I were younger, we were playing with our dolls and realized we didn’t have any boys. That wouldn’t work, so my sister cut the hair off of one doll. Problem solved!
23. I believe if everyone showed a little more patience towards each other, the world would be a better place. Simple opportunities are all around us to be patient: when the light turns green and the person in front of you doesn’t go right away, when you’re waiting in line at the doctor’s office, or when the waiter messes up your order at a restaurant. Take a second to remind yourself that whatever it is you’re worried about probably doesn’t really matter in the grand scheme of things. Every encounter you have with someone is a chance to impact their day in a positive way, and yours, in my opinion.
24. I can’t stand… when people are late. I also can’t stand when people act fake and aren’t genuine.
25. Whenever How I Met Your Mother is on, I’ll watch it.
Your turn! Choose a few things to share with us :)
Have a GREAT night!