Good Afternoon! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! Mine was filled with time with family, friends, celebrating a wedding, and soaking up as much time in the sun as possible. Friday I enjoyed some shopping at the outlets, and dinner at Paradise Grill in Rehoboth Beach that evening. On Saturday, I attended a wedding for family friends and spent the evening celebrating with them. Congratulations to the happy couple! The end of the weekend was spent at the beach on Sunday, celebrating the birthday of one of my students I taught in the past. It was the perfect beach day!
I went shopping at Express at the outlets on Friday, and didn’t really find anything I liked wanted everything in the store. I narrowed it down to the maxi dress pictured above, as well as a dressy top and black and white maxi skirt.
I saw this getting to know you survey shared on Peanut Butter Runner’s blog recently, so thought it would be a fun survey to share with you all as well, especially for my newer readers. Let’s dive on in!
1. What brings you the greatest joy? Connecting with my students at school, being present in the moment with people I care about, and running or working out.
2. What are your vices? Hmmm, probably wine and chocolate.
3. What is on your nightstand? Books: Bittersweet, by Shauna Neiquist, and Me Before You, by JoJo Meyes. A photo of my family (my parents and three sisters), and a photo of my boyfriend and I. A journal, candle, and lotion. Other essentials include water and chapstick.
4. Do you have a secret talent? Not really, but I do enjoy cooking and baking.
5. What is your greatest indulgence? Splurging on myself – manicures or massages are always such a nice treat!
6. What should everyone try at least once in their life? Stepping out of their comfort zone. Whether it’s pushing myself to run that extra half mile, or talking to someone new at a get together, I try to push myself out of my comfort zone often, because I know I’ll get stronger through doing so. As they say, outside of your comfort zone is where the magic happens!
7. What makes you laugh? Memes about working out or teaching (it doesn’t take much to make me laugh). Head on over to BuzzFeed to see more popular teaching memes.
8. What is one thing people would be surprised to know about you? I have a pretty strong emotional side. I love deeply, but sometimes this also means getting hurt easily.
9. What is on your bucket list? I would love to travel more in the future. California, France, and anywhere tropical I would enjoy visiting!
10. What is on your feet right now? Running shoes! You always need to be ready to hit the pavement, right?! I just got back from a hot hot run, so figured I would start typing up this blog post while sipping on some ice water to cool down.
11. How did you make your first dollar? My first “official” job was at Chick-Fil-A in high school, but I also organized and held my own summer daycare for children in my neighborhood and families I knew to make money as well. I planned games, crafts, and snacks, and printed up flyers to hand out. Complete with a detailed time schedule, my family always said this was just proof I was meant to be a teacher early on!
12. What superstition do you believe in? I’ve never been a big believer in superstitions, so I’ll share a quote I like instead. This is so true – each of us is different and you’ll never be able to please everyone else in your life at once. Just be yourself, it’s much better that way.
13. What items in your closet do you wear the most? I either love getting dressed up, or am throwing on workout clothes most of the time. I do have a tendency to gravitate towards black clothes, and have to steer myself towards other colors at the store. Black just matches with everything, and can be worn with a casual outfit or dressed up, so I am always drawn to it!
Accurately describes my life!
14. What is the best gift you’ve ever received? I don’t know why, but this is always a hard one to answer. I received a Garmin running watch a few years ago for Christmas, and use it regularly, so that was one of my favorite gifts.
15. What is on your liquor shelf? I don’t usually keep liquor at home, but you can almost always find a bottle of wine in my refrigerator. Pinot Grigio is my go-to, but I also enjoy an Orange Crush on occasion when I am out to dinner or with friends.
16. What is on your kitchen counter? A coffee maker, Keurig, coffee grinder (I think there’s a theme going here…), fruit bowl, bamboo cutting board, and usually my keys and sunglasses if I am at home.
17. What would you never leave home without? The way I pack, you would think I can’t leave home without any material items, but it’s never been my talent so I tend to leave home with a lot. Obviously, I don’t leave home without my keys and phone. I also have a slight chapstick obsession, so you’ll always find that in my purse, along with a hairbrush and sunglasses.
Have a great evening!
- What brings you the greatest joy?
- What’s on your bucket list?
- What is one thing you can’t leave home without?